What to Expect from your Consultation?
Brief introduction to your consultant:
Natalie Vickery is a Traditional Naturopath/Herbalist with a Degree in Natural Health Studies and Traditional Naturopathy. Natalie provides consultations and classes focusing on holistic nutrition, and herbal education.
– the study or use of medicinal herbs to promote healing and health and the oldest form of healthcare know to mankind.
– one skilled in the knowledge of plants, their properties and their safe and appropriate application.
– are nature’s gift and provide essential vitamins and minerals that our bodies need.
– assimilate in the body just as food does with few if any side effects or interactions.
What is Traditional Naturopathy?
Naturopathy: a distinct system of non-invasive healthcare and health assessment in which neither surgery nor drugs are used. Emphasis is placed on education, counseling, naturopathic modalities and natural substances, including the use of foods, food extracts, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, digestive aids, botanical substances, topical natural substances, homeopathic preparations, air, water, heat, cold, sound, light, and exercise to help stimulate and maintain the individual’s intrinsic self-healing processes.
What a Traditional Naturopath can do:
- Perform non-invasive procedures
- Provide education on herbs and other natural foods
- Teach benefits of healthy lifestyle
- Counsel on holistic nutrition, historic remedies and lifestyle modifications
What a Traditional Naturopath can not do:
- Perform surgery
- Prescribe drugs
- Diagnose and treat illness
Who can benefit from seeing a Natural Health Consultant and what sort of conditions can they help clients with?
v A Natural Health Consultant deals with people of all ages
v Because natural health is about prevention many people see a consultant to help guide them towards maintaining current health.
v A Natural Health Consultant provides education to clients with acute conditions such as colds and flu or with chronic or degenerative conditions.
What to expect during your consultation:
- Prior to the consultation the consultant will send the client a number of forms which the client will fill out prior to scheduling their initial consultation. Included in the packet is a client intake form which gathers information regarding the clients diet, current and past health conditions, current supplements or pharmaceuticals the client may be using, and present health concerns which the client may want to address. After completing all the forms the client can then contact the consultant to set up a consultation.
- During the initial consultation the consultant will perform several non-invasive assessments, which may or may not include checking the pulse and visual inspection of the tongue, hands, face, nails and the eyes. Based on the information gathered during the assessment the practitioner will counsel and help to educate the client on techniques for improving areas of weakness in the body and help to develop a plan which is specific to the clients needs. The practitioner may discuss herbs, homeopathic remedies, dietary and lifestyle modifications, or supplements which have been used historically to correct underlying physical, emotional or environmental imbalances. The initial consultation usually lasts about 60 – 90 minutes.
- At the end of the initial consult the consultant will provide the client with educational materials relating to any imbalances that were noted or discussed during the initial visit. If the consultant needs additional time to review information you may be asked to return on another day at no cost to you or recommendations will be forwarded to you via mail or email.
- Finally, the consultant will schedule a follow-up visit 2 – 4 weeks after the initial consult which will last approximately 30 minutes and will be used to discuss the client’s progress.
How quickly should I start getting results after following a program?
v Just keep in mind that there are no “Magic Bullets”. A consultant can only facilitate the healing process. True healing comes from the individual and from within.
v Taking into account that the client is following the program they should start seeing an improvement in acute ailments within 24 – 48 hours. If the condition is chronic or degenerative the client can expect some results within 1-2 weeks. However, it takes the body at least three months to begin healing plus one month for every year that there has been a chronic imbalance. Most chronic conditions have taken years to develop to the point of degenerative. Don’t expect these conditions to diminish over night. Healing through natural methods is about correcting the underlying imbalances which have lead to the condition not merely suppressing the symptoms.
Are herbs safe and are their any side effects?
Herbs have been used safely and efficiently for hundreds if not thousands of years. When one first begins an herbal program they may experience what is called a “Healing Crisis”. A healing crisis is similar to having a cold or the flu. One might feel aches and pains and might feel sluggish to begin with. This is not uncommon when you are changing from an unhealthy diet loaded with toxins and chemicals to a healthy diet which is chemical free. If you try to purge these toxins too quickly from the body and the eliminative channels are sluggish you may experience sinus drainage, swollen lymph nodes, congestion in the chest, a little nausea or diarrhea, a skin eruption, or in rare cases vomiting. These symptoms indicate a need to slow down a little on whatever you¹re doing and concentrate on helping the body flush out what’s irritating it. You can do this by drinking plenty of water. If symptoms persist or get worse contact your natural health consultant for guidance.
What if I have questions before my follow-up?
When working with someone on a natural health program I try to provide as much information as I can to my clients through discussion, educational handouts and additional resources. It is up to the client to read the information they are provided. If questions or concerns that were not addressed in the consultation do arise please feel free to contact me. If needed, I will be happy to send additional information or answer questions. However, if the information was provided to the client and we have to readdress the same issues in-depth or new issues it is best to schedule another consultation so that we have the opportunity to thoroughly discuss these matters.
How much will my consultation cost?
Comprehensive Consultation: $120.00 which includes:
(1) 60 – 90 minute consultation
(2) 30 minute follow-up visits
Standard Consultation: $65.00 which includes:
(1) 60 – 90 minute consultation
Follow-Up Visit: $35.00 which includes:
(1) 30 minute consult review and update
The mini-consult will last approximately 30 minutes and addresses acute conditions only.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept insurance at this time. Accepted forms of payment include Cash, Personal Check or Credit Card via Paypal Invoice (3% fee applies).
If you are experiencing financial difficulties please ask about additional payment arrangements. I would rather not turn anyone away due to financial difficulties.
(The fee for consultations does not include any herbs, supplements, or other remedies.)
In Home Consultations:
I am available to come to clients at their request. There will be an additional fee of $10.00 added to the consultation for this service.
If you are interested in hosting a class for a group or organization please contact me for a list of available topics and fees.
Please be courteous and notify me at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or re-schedule your appointment.
(Consultations and meetings are by appointment only)
Office Hours are Mon – Fri 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (Unless otherwise stated)
Address For Correspondence ONLY:
4171 Dowling Rd
Middleburg, Fla. 32068
Please call for office directions